Make a visit to Cotswold Motoring Museum the centre of your day in Bourton-on-the-Water. Apart from your visit to the museum you’ll find plenty to see and do in the area – why not try one of the restaurants
nearby for a spot of lunch or pop in to one of the many great shops for a browse. If you fancy staying a bit longer, Boundless own the fantastic Cotswold Cottages, which are right next to the museum on the banks of the River Windrush (see below).
Steeped in history and with its unique architectural style, a visit to the Cotswolds is an unforgettable experience for holidaymakers and day-trippers alike.
You’ll find plenty to do in this beautiful corner of the country among its characteristically picturesque villages, colourful gardens and gently rolling hills.
Bourton-on-the-Water itself is a very popular tourist destination. With the River Windrush and its charming stone bridges running straight through the middle of it, Bourton is aptly described as the ‘Venice of the Cotswolds’.
Where to stay
Our very own Cotswold Cottages are attached to Cotswold Motoring Museum and offer fully equipped self-catering accommodation.
The cottages are all housed within the same old mill building and consist of four compact and cosy apartments – perfect for a romantic stay. Our larger semi-detached holiday cottage, Stepping Stones, is great for bigger groups and families sleeping up to five.
Where to shop
- The Bourton Basket: An Aladdin’s cave for the craft minded find out more »
- Gifts Be Mine: Village-centre gift shop find out more »
- The Cotswold Perfumery: A fascinating tour of fine English fragrances find out more »
- Cotswold Sheepskin: Family-run business offering men’s and women’s sheepskin and leather coats, jackets and hats find out more »
Where to eat and drink
- The Mad Hatter Tearoom: Step into the past in this charming 18th-century tearoom. Find out more at the-mad-hatter-tearoom.co.uk »
- Norah’s Pantry: Treat yourself to a tasty wholesome snack by the River Windrush (01451 820815)
- Riverside Café: Tearooms with views of the River Windrush. Find out more at bourtoninfo.com »
- The Croft: Fabulous breakfasts, morning coffee and delicious food throughout the day and evening. Find out more at chesterhousehotel.com »
- The Duke of Wellington: Combines the ambience of a traditional old English inn with comfortable, affordable accommodation and relaxed dining. Find out more at dukeofwellingtonbourton.co.uk »
- The Mousetrap Inn: Great food and lazy summer days set in a picturesque garden under the willows overlooking the river. Find out more at www.themousetrapinn.co.uk »
- The Lamb Inn: One of the Cotswolds’ most welcoming country inns. Find out more at thelambinn.com »